Established in 1967, Southwest Airlines is a major American airline and headquartered in Dallas, Texas. Southwest started its journey as an intrastate airline, now it’s the world’s largest low-cost carrier. The airline offers scheduled flights to 101 destinations in 11 countries including America. As of March 2019, Southwest has more than 59,000 employees in its professional family. The airline operates about 4,000 departures a day during the peak travel season. Southwest Airlines trying to expanding its flight network and most recently added destinations are Honolulu, Maui, and Kailua-Kona, in 2019. Southwest operates only Boeing 737 which makes it the largest operator of the Boeing 737 worldwide. The airline has 750 aircraft in service, each averaging six flights per day. Become a part of this airline ever going customer family, get tickets easily with Southwest Airlines Reservations.
In this blog- read about the Southwest airlines policy of ‘Customers of Size’.
Southwest Airlines Guidelines for Customers of Size
• Customers who intrude in any part of the neighboring seat(s) may need to purchase the needed number of seats in advance before traveling in order to ensure the additional seat(s) is available.
• The advance seat purchase serves as advance notice for the airline about the special sitting need. It helps the airline to plan better for the number of seats that will be occupied on the aircraft.
• The advance booking of extra seats helps the airline to serve you better. Advance booked seats help the airline to ensure that all Customers onboard have access to safe and comfortable seating.
• Customers may contact Southwest for a refund of the cost of additional seating after travel.
• If a plus-size customer does not purchase an extra seat in advance. They have the option of purchasing only one seat and then discussing their seating needs with the Customer Service Agent at their departure gate.
Add more convenience in your travel with easy Southwest Airlines Booking service.
Southwest Airlines Phone Booking Instructions for Customer of size
1. For book tickets on phone, customers can contact Southwest Airlines Phone Number.
2. Inform the executive about your familiarity with Customer of size policy and wish to proactively purchase two seats.
3. The airline offers the lowest fare available for both seats. If an advance purchase, the discounted fare is booked, the second seat will be sold at the same discounted fare.
4. If a customer buys one of the Anytime or Business Select Fares, the second seat will be sold at the Child’s Fare.
Domestic U.S. Travel: Customers of size are eligible for online check-in or they can go for a Self-Service Check-in kiosk to reserve their boarding positions. But, Customers must need to contact a Customer Service Agent to receive the required documents and be eligible for a refund after the flight.
International Travel: For international flights, customers can choose online or airport check-in per their convenience. Customers should visit the airline Ticket Counter or kiosk upon arrival at the airport for passport verified, receive boarding documents, and check luggage.
Domestic U.S. and International Travel: Customers must have a Seat Reserved Document from the Customer Service Agent at the Gate to obtain a Reserved Seat Document and Refund Advice Slip for the additional seats purchased.
Boarding and on the Aircraft
• Customers of size who have an Extra Seat Boarding document are eligible for pre-board in order to select seats that best meet their needs or they may choose regular boarding with their boarding group
• Once onboard the aircraft, if necessary, you can also request a seatbelt extension from Flight Attendant.
The comfort of the customers is the priority of Southwest Airlines. Feel its world-class services, travel with Southwest Airlines Flights and see the world.