Southwest Airlines or commonly referred as ‘Southwest’ is a major player in the American aviation industry. Founded in 1967, Southwest Airlines started its journey as an interstate airline, but now has the title of the world’s largest low-cost carrier. The airline operates around 4000 departures a day during the travel season peak. Southwest offers scheduled flights to 101 destinations to 11 countries including The United States of America. Currently, the airlines have more than 59,000 professionals in their team. Southwest has 753 all Boeing aircraft in its fleet family which makes it’s the largest operator of the Boeing 737 worldwide. The airline carries the most domestic passengers of any United States airline. Southwest is the trust of millions when it comes to travel in sky affordably. Southwest has a flexible policy for traveling with pets, not even human passengers, but fluffy passenger comfort is also important for the airline. Join the family, become a happy customer book tickets with Southwest Airlines Reservations now.
In this blog- read about the Southwest policy of ‘Traveling with Pets’.
Traveling with Pets
Southwest Airlines allows passengers to travel in-cabin with small vaccinated domestic cats and dogs.
The general guidance for the passengers traveling with pets
• All pets must be carried in an appropriate carrier and the size of the pet is small enough to fit under the seat in front of the passenger. The airline will not accept pet remains as carry-on or checked baggage.
• The airline does not allow pets to travel in-cabin on international flights or any route that includes an international flight.
• The airline allows only six pets per flight with a limit of one pet carrier per passenger traveling on the same flight. Pets will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the allowance limit is full. Note- The pet allowance may change from time to time, according to the circumstances.
• Passengers can’t check pets online, pets must check at the airport; however, passengers can use all online services of the airline.
• The airline doesn’t allow a pet with disruptive behavior. Examples of disruptive behavior include:
1. Scratching, excessive whining or barking
2. Growling, biting, lunging
3. Urinating or defecating in the cabin or gate area
Note- Passengers traveling to Puerto Rico, specific requirements may apply.
Now don’t leave your pet alone at home, travel with them. Book tickets with Southwest Reservations and get great discounts and offers.
Pet Fare Refund Policy
The fares of pets are refundable:
- If the passenger cancels the reservation
- If the pet is not traveling with the passenger or not meet the specific conditions of the airline
- If the flight is canceled
Note- for refund passengers can contact Southwest customer service, or visit the airport ticket counter to process the refund.
U.S. Domestic Flights: Reservations must be made in advance by reaching Southwest customer service. On the day of travel, Passenger must bring the pet to the airport in an approved pet carrier.
International Flights: Airline does not allow pets to travel in-cabin on international flights or any routes that include an international flight.
In-cabin Pet Carriers
Passenger can bring their pet carrier or can buy from the airline.
Acceptable Pet Carriers:
• Southwest Pet Carrier dimensions- 17” x 9.5” x 10”
• Other shop pet carriers with maximum dimensions of 18.5” x 8.5” x 13.5”
• Hard-sided and soft-sided carriers specifically designed for pets are acceptable.
• The carriers must be well ventilated and leak-proof.
Traveling with pets is now easy, travel in Southwest Airlines Flights and sees the difference. “Low fares, nothing to hide, that’s Transparency.”-trust southwest to reach the clouds.